Now that most quarterbacks have been signed, let’s rank all 32 teams on their backup quarterback situations by Sean Wagner-McGough @seanjwagner May 8, 2020 at 8:51 am ET • 20 min read The importance of the backup quarterback position in the NFL shouldn’t be understated. Without Teddy Bridgewater a season ago, the Saints’ season might’ve collapsed when Drew Brees missed five starts with a thumb injury. With Bridgewater, the Saints went 5-0 and eventually, won the NFC South. Without Matt Moore a season ago, the Chiefs might’ve lost too much ground in the playoff seeding when Patrick Mahomes missed nearly three full games with a knee injury. With Moore, the Chiefs went 2-1 in those three games and eventually, captured the second seed in the AFC. Without Nick Foles a few years back, the Eagles wouldn’t have won the Super Bowl with Carson Wentz on the sidelines. Backup quarterbacks matter, and their limited availability makes them matter all the more. There aren’t even 32 starting-caliber quarterbacks in the NFL, which means most teams aren’t able to roster a starting-caliber backup quarterback. There’s only a lucky few. The rest of the lot is usually forced to ride out the season with… Read full this story
- Report: Andy Dalton to sign one-year, $10 million deal with Chicago Bears
- Quarterback carousel carries on spinning with Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor and Jacoby Brissett finding new homes
- NFL free agency: 10 names to watch and quarterbacks on the move
- Michael Irvin gushes over Kyle Pitts but warns Cowboys, Jerry Jones of drafting him and ignoring defense
- NFL Journal: Which team won Week 1 of free agency? Which teams didn’t get better?
- Jimmy Garoppolo (Likely) Now Available, After 49ers Trade Up For No. 3 Overall Pick
- Report: Chicago Bears will take 'big swing' at Russell Wilson
- Hurley: The Patriots Are Good Again, And It’s OK To Admit It Now
- Peacock TV: What to know to stream WWE WrestleMania and everything else
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 16
NFL Backup QB Power Rankings, from 1-32: Andy Dalton gives Cowboys elite option behind Dak Prescott have 320 words, post on www.cbssports.com at May 8, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.