ICC WOMENS T20 WORLD CUP 2020 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Australia will play India for the title on Sunday © AFP Australia staved off the rain threat and South Africa’s counterattack for a five-run victory in a last-over thriller at the SCG to set up a final date with India in the 2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup on Sunday. Even after getting their full quota of 20 batting overs in, the defending champions remained on the verge of getting knocked out with rain returning during the break. Australia’s 135-run target for South Africa was revised soon enough to 98 off 13 overs. Megan Schutt-led bowling attack did well to curb South Africa’s brisk start with three wickets in as many overs but met with a 47-run counterattack from Sune Luus and Laura Wolvaardt who showed they weren’t ready to give up yet. Schutt put an end to that stand and Jess Jonassen defended 18 off the final over, albeit barely, to maintain their spotless record against South Africa in T20Is and put Australia one win away from title #5. Brief scores: Australia 134/5 in 20 overs (Meg Lanning 49*, Beth Mooney 28; Nadine de Klerk… Read full this story
- SpaceX, NASA, astronauts making final preparations: 'We're go for launch'
- Heat make final roster cuts, Beverley and Butler out; Heat go big with Magloire
- NASA, SpaceX make final preparations for historic launch
- October not the time to make final decision, says Tokyo 2020 CEO Muto
- Big Brother Australia FIRST LOOK: New house has vibrant interior, custom-built swimming pool and mysterious challenge rooms... as the first housemate is revealed
- Scott Morrison: How Australia's PM rebuilt his reputation
- How did he slip through the cracks? Spy chiefs failed to stop Bourke Street jihadi despite monitoring Christmas Day terror trio who prayed at the same Islamic centre
- We'll drink to that! Booze limits brought in to stop coronavirus stockpiling are finally lifted at BWS, Dan Murphy's and Aldi
- Western Australia hit by 'once-in-a-decade' storm
- BGH, Bain, Indigo Partners, Cyrus Capital make Virgin Australia shortlist: source
Rain, Wolvaardt fail to stop Australia from making final have 341 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at May 5, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.