People in cities across Europe have taken part in demonstrations against racism and social injustice in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement in the United States. The May 25 killing of George Floyd, an unarmed African-American, by a white policemanin Minneapolis sparked the worldwide protests. Young Black Lives Matter protesters: ‘Enough is enough’ Nathan (16), Sammy (17), Matthew (15), Noel (18) These schoolboys are taking part in a “big movement,” as Noel puts it, for the first time. Noel adds: “The last time we were just a bit too young. But now that we’re old enough to understand what’s happening, we’re out here just doing what we can for the community.” Sammy says: “We want to make America a better place for black people.” Young Black Lives Matter protesters: ‘Enough is enough’ Celeste, 21 “Black lives matter,” the student chants, adding “they really don’t matter here.” Celeste demands more stringent checks on police officers. Her complaint does not just refer to the killing of George Floyd, however: “Protesters have been treated terribly, it’s police brutality.” Young Black Lives Matter protesters: ‘Enough is enough’ Deborah, 18 “I want justice for George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and everyone killed by police every day…. Read full this story
- Christmas amid the climate crisis: An artist's scorched tree symbolizes pain and resilience in a fire-stricken Australia
- Indian police ban protests amid citizenship law outrage
- Indian Police Ban Protests Amid Citizenship Law Outrage
- Lebanon’s vital tourism industry takes huge hit amid turmoil
- Iraq crisis deepens as politicians miss deadline to name PM
- Students flee through the sewers to avoid 'Tiananmen 2.0': Hong Kong protesters escape underground amid fears of massacre after Carrie Lam warned: 'Surrender is your only option'
- Climate change protesters dressed as elves glue themselves to Sydney CBD street
- Anti-Citizenship Act protests: Prohibitory orders imposed across Karnataka till December 21
- Hong Kong protesters seek international support on rights
- Young girl warned ‘force may be used’ at protest outside PM’s house
#BlackLivesMatter protests amid COVID-19 crisis have 318 words, post on www.dw.com at June 22, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.