A night after claiming his first oval track win in NASCAR, Austin Cindric followed it up with a victory in Friday night’s Xfinity Series race at Kentucky Speedway. The Team Penske driver completed a sweep of the series’ doubleheader races on the 1.5-mile track, dominating with a stage win and leading 130 of 200 laps. Cindric crossed the finish line with a 2.2-second advantage over runner-up Chase Briscoe. The top five was completed by Justin Haley, Ross Chastain and Justin Allgaier. Unlike Thursday night, Cindric celebrated with a burnout on the frontstretch. “I hope I laid enough rubber down to make up for Watkins Glen last year, that was pathetic,” Cindric told FS1. “I’m just so excited. … what we did tonight was really impressive. Because we ran one setup last night and won the race. We came with another setup and won the race again. That happens at the shop, that happens with the guys on the (pit box).” Later in his press conference, Cindric said a change in setup was in part due to the tracks that are coming up, at Texas Motor Speedway and Kansas Speedway. “Obviously with mile-and-half-tracks being really important in the second round of… Read full this story
- UAAP: NU sweeps first round of men's tennis
- Coal employment ‘ain’t like it once was.’ Number of jobs in Kentucky hits new low.
- Blue Jays finish sweep of Orioles
- Coco Austin channels Madonna's iconic cone bra look as husband Ice-T prepares for Purge at Heidi Klum's 20th annual Halloween party
- Eastern Kentucky's first legal distillery has moonshine, stories worth telling
- Federal court hears appeal in Kentucky abortion case
- Here's a simple mint julep recipe for the Kentucky Derby
- Surging BanKo-Perlas sweeps PetroGazz, clinches semis spot
- NBA: Pacers cap season sweep of Bulls
- NBA: Nets hold off Hawks for season sweep
Austin Cindric completes Xfinity sweep at Kentucky have 308 words, post on nascar.nbcsports.com at July 11, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.