Cole Custer wasn’t the only one who was surprised he rallied from sixth place on the final restart to win Sunday’s Cup race at Kentucky Speedway. Martin Truex Jr. was equally surprised at how Custer and the No. 41 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford Mustang practically came out of nowhere to draw even and then pass him heading into the final lap. “I had just cleared the 4 (Kevin Harvick),” Truex said in a post-race video conference. “Just as I got off (turn four on the next-to-last lap) and got straight, the 41 was somehow beside me. “I didn’t expect him coming, I don’t know if my spotter saw him coming, or by the time he told me he was already next to me. … At the same time, I think he had so much momentum that I don’t think I could have blocked him without crashing us both. There’s not much I could’ve done different there. “We were all tangling and battling and side by side and three-wide and all that mess. These things are all just about momentum. (Custer) was able to keep his momentum going and we all came together coming into three, he was able to take advantage… Read full this story
- Google rolls out RCS messaging in the US which has been likened to Apple's iMessages with type indicators and an 8,000 character limit - but it still keeps its iconic green bubbles
- Juice Wrld's girlfriend speaks out about rapper's death for the first time at Rolling Loud Festival: 'He literally loved every single one of you guys'
- Watch Pharrell’s Reverent Nile Rodgers Tribute at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Singapore artist channels ‘creepy-cute’ with baby heads in sushi rolls
- Instagram sparks outrage across social media after it accidentally rolls out new SIDEWAYS feed that makes you tap through posts just like in Stories
- Artificial intelligence that alerts drivers and slows down the car when they are getting drowsy or distracted will be rolled out from 2022
- Watch Ringo Starr’s Jovial Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Speech
- Lisa Snowdon, 47, strips down to a skimpy swimsuit and rolls around in the SNOW as she enjoys pre-Christmas spa break in Finland
- Is this the fanciest chicken roll in the world? Restaurant launches sandwich with a special gravy that takes THREE DAYS to make
- Quick change artist! Elizabeth Olsen rocks THREE different and very stylish outfits in one day at Paris Fashion Week
Truex on Custer’s roll: ‘There’s not much I could’ve done different’ have 413 words, post on nascar.nbcsports.com at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.