The sole agenda of Monday’s meeting was to finalise the nomination process for the election but no breakthrough could be made over a unanimous choice to lead the International Cricket Council (ICC). “Yes, there was no unanimity on a number of issues. Firstly, there is a divided house on whether there should be a simple majority or the existing 2/3rd majority in a house of 17,” an ICC Board member told PTI. However, the bigger issue is lack of an acceptable face and there is no clarity yet over BCCI president Sourav Ganguly throwing his hat in the ring. While Pakistan Cricket Board’s chief Ehsan Mani has already made it clear that he would not leave his home board as instructed by Prime Minister Imran Khan, there are multiple candidates who are harbouring ambitions of leading the ICC. “Colin Graves (England) is a strong candidate but it can’t be said that he is favourite anymore. There are countries which won’t support Graves. “Similarly, someone like Dave Cameron (former Cricket West Indies president) may enter the fray with support of two independent directors but may not get enough numbers. Ditto for Chris Nenzani (South Africa),” a former ICC Director, who is… Read full this story
- Kamala Harris decries Jaishankar’s decision of not meeting Jayapal
- Jersey City school board meeting to address member's controversial social media post is canceled for 'potential security risks'
- Kamala Harris slams Jaishankar's decision to not meet Congresswoman Jayapal over J&K resolution
- Jharkhand assembly election 2019: Voting for 5th phase today, 237 candidates in fray for 16 seats
- Grant Hager Elected to EMCCC Board of Directors
- Thales chairman-elect Proglio quits in spat over Russian interests
- Kamala Harris Slams Jaishankar's Decision to Not Meet Congresswoman Jayapal Over J&K Resolution
- Three Recognitions at Dec. 12 Park Board Meeting
- PSP resolution: Stakeholders hail decision, call for meeting with govt to resolve grey areas
- Five Takeaways From The Last Plainfield Board Meeting Of The Year
ICC chairman election: No decision taken in board meeting as members search for unanimous candidate have 328 words, post on www.mykhel.com at August 11, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.