12:16 PM ISTESPNcricinfo staffFacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintGary Stead, the New Zealand men’s head coach, could be in for a three-year contract extension until the 2023 ODI World Cup. NZC chief executive David White said the board is “delighted” with Stead’s work but the coach will still be expected to go through a “robust” interview process this month.”We are delighted with what he’s done,” White told stuff.co.nz. “When we appoint someone it’s a consultative process with players, management, and then a recommendation to the board. We’re hopeful to have that wrapped up before our board meeting at the end of August.”It’s important that the process is robust and is formal to a degree. It’s appropriate we do that.”White further said if Stead was reappointed, the contract would likely be till the 2023 World Cup in India.”We haven’t agreed a term as yet but I would think that’s likely to be until the next World Cup, which the ICC has now extended to November 2023. That would be a logical period,” White said.Taking over the reins from Mike Hesson, Stead was appointed as head coach in August 2018 for a two-year term until the T20 World Cup in Australia, which, originally scheduled for October-November… Read full this story
- India vs New Zealand: Surprised by criticism of pre-planned break: NZ coach Gary Stead
- I feel sorry for Black Caps coach Gary Stead
- US coach calls for VAR at Women’s World Cup in France
- 'I hope that's the last one': Father-of-three David Warner reveals he doesn't want any more children with wife Candice... as he discusses his plans to play in the 2023 Cricket World Cup
- Won’t rule out playing 2023 World Cup, says Ross Taylor
- Ajaz Patel's return signals an overhaul in New Zealand's spin plans
- Haven't Ruled Out Playing 2023 World Cup: Ross Taylor
- Rugby World Cup: 'Gutted' Bernard Foley laments Wallabies' poor start against All Blacks in final defeat
- World Cup 2015: Sri Lanka Messed up Big Time With Strategy vs South Africa
- WT20 World Cup Group A: Will NZ disrupt the India-Australia hegemony?
New Zealand head coach Gary Stead could get contract extension until 2023 ODI World Cup have 353 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.