Sunday’s action included a rare buzzer-beating game-winning goal Some dominant goaltending performances More underdogs getting wins Arizona Coyotes 4, Nashville Predators 3 (Coyotes lead series 1-0) Pekka Rinne‘s run of 89 consecutive playoff starts came to an end for the Predators on Sunday when Juuse Saros got the call against the Coyotes. It did not go well from the very beginning. A fluke goal off the stick of Oliver Ekman-Larsson opened the floodgates as Arizona stormed out to an early 3-0 lead. The Predators attempted to rally and make it a game late in the third period, but the early deficit was too much to overcome as the Coyotes took Game 1 of their qualifying round series. Predators coach John Hynes did not commit to a starting goalie for Game 2 on Tuesday. Philadelphia Flyers 4, Boston Bruins 1 The Flyers were rapidly climbing the standings before the season was paused and they took a big step toward securing the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference on Sunday when they beat the Boston Bruins in the opening of round-robin play. The Flyers received goals from four different players (all depth players: Scott Laughton, Michael Raffl, Nate Thompson, and Philippe… Read full this story
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: Supreme Court ruling marks big win for abortion rights groups
- Inside the NHL bubble: testing, what could cause postponement
- Bubble wrapped: Formula One's masked men keep their distance
- Trump calls Supreme Court ruling a 'historic win for families who want school choice'
- Modi's ruling NDA may win key Rajya Sabha majority next year: projection
- Mock Draft: Projecting top picks for the 2020 NHL Draft after part one of draft lottery
- PHT Morning Skate: NHL vs. viruses; Flat salary cap pain = Avs’ gain?
- NHL Power Rankings: Fun ways the free agent frenzy could go
- Los Angeles Kings at 2020 NHL Draft: Byfield or Stutzle with second pick?
- 2020 NHL Draft Lottery primer: Details, odds, top prospects
NHL Bubble Wrap: Goalies rule the day, underdogs keep winning have 318 words, post on nhl.nbcsports.com at August 3, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.