Nvidia is getting ready for its big GeForce event next week by teasing the design for its next-generation graphics cards. In a newly published video, Nvidia engineers and designers discuss the changes being made to its next Ampere-based GeForce cards. Recent leaks have suggested Nvidia will announce RTX 3000 Series cards on September 1st, including an RTX 3080 and a flagship RTX 3090 card. At the end of Nvidia’s video, the company briefly flashes up what appears to be an RTX 3090. It matches recent card leaks that claim the RTX 3090 will ship with a pennant-shaped board and a new cooling shroud. Nvidia focuses heavily on cooling throughout the video, noting that it has redesigned its cooling solution to improve airflow and overcome some of the constraints of the cooling solutions that exist on GPUs today. Part of this cooling solution and pennant-shaped board appears to have led to some power connector changes, too. Leaks have suggested Nvidia is moving to a 12-pin connector, and the company is confirming that today. The 12-pin connector is smaller than using two traditional eight-pin connectors, and Nvidia will include an adapter that’s compatible with eight-pin cables. Nvidia has picked a 12-pin connector… Read full this story
- Secretary of State confirms new Policing Board members
- Susanna Reid teased by Piers Morgan over new romance
- Apple is changing iPhone selfies with new iOS 12.1 update – and it might make you look WORSE
- Iceland confirms new Leeds city centre store
- Seattle parks department seeking designs for new Green Lake community center and pool
- Wigan Warriors boss Adrian Lam hopes to confirm new signing 'in next couple of days'
- Sony confirms new PlayStation 5 console and release date
- Meghan Markle wears Māori inspired design in New Zealand
- Iraq MPs confirm new govt as key posts left empty
- Youngsters showcase designs for new community pavilion in Buxton
Nvidia teases RTX 3090 design, confirms new cooling and 12-pin connector have 309 words, post on www.theverge.com at August 26, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.