Workers of Bình Định-based Tài Phước Co Ltd polish wooden chairs. Việt Nam is set to build a transparent and legal wood industry with the hope to support exports of timber products and further bolster the domestic timber manufacturing industry. — VNA/VNS Photo Vũ Sinh HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam is aiming to build a transparent and legal wood industry to support exports of timber products and bolster the domestic timber manufacturing industry. The need emerges as Việt Nam becomes one of the world’s largest exporters of wood and wooden products, putting it under scrutiny from major trading partners. In June, the US Department of Commerce (DOC) initiated an investigation into tax evasion for plywood products imported from Việt Nam and suspected use of Chinese materials. Other major importers of Vietnamese timber products including the European Union (EU), China, Japan and the Republic of Korea are also eyeing stricter traceability regulations to ensure legal timber origins. To facilitate exports of this key product, Việt Nam is trying to build the Việt Nam Timber Legality Assurance (VNTLAS) system along with the early issuance of EU Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) licence for exports of wood products to the EU market. Joining the EU… Read full this story
- Shareholder Rights Directive: The need for industry action
- BBC journalists call for publication of all staff salaries and benefits to create ‘full pay transparency’ at corporation
- Ethereum-based insurtech Etherisc announces token event
- Contingency plans being worked on to protect patients in ‘no deal’ Brexit
- A history of chemical weapons: From the Ancient Greeks to Assad's Syria
- UBS, Barclays, Credit Suisse and Thomson Reuters explore Ethereum-based MiFID II solution
- Blockchain tokens and ICOs: An open letter to the SEC
- Rootstock merges Bitcoin and Ethereum to help the World Bank drive financial inclusion
- Does Europe want neutral or neural networks?
- Super League clubs keen to have greater say in key decisions
Việt Nam aiming for a transparent and legal wood industry have 319 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 24, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.