NEW REGULATIONS IN THE CORONA WORLD by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Teams will be allowed to replace players displaying symptoms of COVID-19 during a Test match © AFP The International Cricket Council on Tuesday ratified interim changes to playing regulations, including COVID-19 substitutes for Test cricket and the ban on use on saliva to shine the ball among others. With a view to reduce the risk of the spread of the Coronavirus protect and ensure the safety of players and match officials once cricket resumes, the Anil Kumble-led Cricket Committee had made several recommendations which have now been ratified by the ICC Chief Executives’ Committee (CEC). Teams will now be allowed to call for substitutes in case any member(s) of the playing XI develop COVID-19 symptoms during the Test. Quite like the concussion replacements, the ICC match referee will approve a like-for-like replacement from the squad. The substitute rule, however, will not be in effect in white-ball cricket. Meanwhile, despite opposition to the cricket committee’s saliva ban, the ICC has remained steadfast in forbidding the use of saliva to shine the ball. The ICC though has offered to be lenient during the initial adjusting phase, to account… Read full this story
- Cricket: Zimbabwe readmitted as ICC member
- ICC readmits Zimbabwe and Nepal as members
- ICC lifts suspensions on Zimbabwe and Nepal
- In wake of WC drama, ICC tweaks Super Over rule
- No more sniffer dogs, body searches banned and mandatory pill testing: How Australian music festivals could forever change after bombshell recommendations stemming from overdose deaths of six revellers
- First person dies from vaping-related illness in Connecticut, bringing national death toll to 19, officials say
- 'I don't deserve this': Katie Price brands her two-year driving ban 'b*******' and 'obscene' as she claims police 'pull me over to be nosey' in furious rant
- So much for the BAN! Extinction Rebellion founder takes a hammer to the Department for Transport as activists blockade building... less than 24 hours after police outlawed eco-mob assembling in London
- EXCLUSIVE: Jon Gosselin rips into 'greedy' Kate and TLC for defying court ban on filming his children for Kate Plus 8 after judge decided it wasn't in their 'best interests'
- Washington to become the fourth state to ban flavored e-cigarettes as US vaping death toll surges to 15
ICC ratifies COVID-19 substitutes and saliva ban on interim basis have 384 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at September 28, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.