Smith, who missed the last India-Australia series in 2018-19 due to a ball-tampering ban, will be itching to go out there and prove a point. He has always performed against India and has six hundreds and a 92, a statistic that won’t be lost on India skipper Virat Kohli. “Smith’s technique is unconventional…Normally, we tell a bowler in Test matches to bowl on and around off-stump or may be fourth stump line. But for Smith, because he shuffles, may be that line (of delivery) moves further away by four to five inches,” Tendulkar told PTI in an interview. “One has to aim between (imaginary) fourth and fifth stump for Steve to nick one. It’s just a mental adjustment of line, more than anything else,” the former captain said. “Smith, I read, said he is ready for the short-pitched stuff…probably he is expecting bowlers to be aggressive upfront with him. But I think, he needs to be tested on and around that off-stump channel. Keep him on back-foot and induce that early mistake.” India tour of Australia: Michael Clarke says Japrit Bumrah needs to be aggressive to Aussie batsmen Can’t an in-swinging yorker be more effective, considering Smith’s pronounced trigger from… Read full this story
- Meghan and Harry to tour Australia and New Zealand
- Indian pacer Shrikant Wagh scalps 10 wickets in one innings in England
- Star-studded Australia A squads named for India tour
- India At The World Cup? Indian football has fallen off a cliff, here’s what it will take to revive it
- There’s Tendulkar in Indian team!
- UK's Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to tour Australia and New Zealand
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex to tour Australia and New Zealand
- Nikki Haley To NDTV On Iran, Russia And US-India Ties: Full Transcript
- Australia-India Ministerial Dialogue on Education Cooperation
- Analysing the Australia A squad to tour India
India tour of Australia: Tendulkar's advice to Indian pacers on how to counter unorthodox Smith have 318 words, post on www.mykhel.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.