Mikaela Shiffrin returned from her longest break between ski races and resumed her rivalry with Petra Vlhova, taking second to the Slovakian at a World Cup slalom in Levi, Finland, on Saturday. Vlhova won the first slalom of the season by .18 of a second, combining times from two runs. Shiffrin, racing for the first time since Jan. 26 and her father’s death Feb. 2, was .15 behind after the first run. Austrian Katharina Liensberger took third. Full results are here. The women race another slalom in Levi on Sunday. Peacock Premium live streams both runs. Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA airs coverage at 6:45 a.m. ET, including the second run live. “It’s kind of crazy to be back after a very long time and everything,” Shiffrin said after her first run. “It’s pretty amazing and I am just really happy to be here.” Shiffrin and Vlhova combined to win the last 27 World Cup slaloms dating to January 2017 — 19 for Shiffrin and eight for Vlhova. “Nothing’s changed, but also everything’s changed,” Shiffrin said. “But it’s really fun to be here, to see everybody skiing. It’s fun to watch, and for me it was fun to do.” Vlhova won… Read full this story
- BE Exclusive: Star India hits a sixer! From brands to audiences all line up for the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup
- Scotland charged after cancellation remarks at Rugby World Cup
- Buying Tickets For the 2010 World Cup
- South Africa Trips - World Cup 2010
- Football World Cup 2010
- Mithali Raj: This is my last chance... I want to have another go at the World Cup
- How Often is the World Cup of Soccer Held?
- Soccer Trophies - The FIFA World Cup Trophy
- Why a 2010 World Cup Prediction Doesn't Require Rocket Science
- Use of Formwork in the Build Up to the 2010 FIFA World Cup
Mikaela Shiffrin runner-up in first World Cup in 300 days have 311 words, post on olympics.nbcsports.com at November 21, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.