Romain Grosjean will miss the Formula One season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, with the Frenchman flying to Switzerland to continue his recovery from injuries sustained in a fiery crash at last week’s Bahrain Grand Prix.Forced to sit out Sunday’s Sakhir Grand Prix, the Frenchman had been hoping to return for what looked set to be his Formula One swansong in Abu Dhabi on Dec. 13.Grosjean walked away from the horrific crash last week, despite his car being split in half and bursting into flame. The 34-year-old suffered second-degree burns to the back of his hands, for which he will continue to receive treatment in Switzerland, his Haas team said in a statement on Sunday.“It is with great sadness that I will not be able to do my final race in Abu Dhabi and be with the team there,” Grosjean said in the statement.“We’ve tried as much as we could with the doctor to recover and to repair my hand but the risk of racing is too big for my recovery and my health,” he said.“It’s one of the hardest decisions of my life but it’s obviously one of the wisest.”Haas will instead run Brazilian reserve Pietro Fittipaldi,… Read full this story
- Inspired by Akshardham, Abu Dhabi's first Hindu temple not to use steel, iron during construction
- Manchester City banned from Champions League for the next two seasons by UEFA
- Daniel Ricciardo promises to ‘save the day’ in the F1 fashion stakes
- What's so magical about this tiny island in Kerala?
- As Hay festival opens in the UAE, authors condemn free speech abuses
- Kalpana Chawla can never die
- F1 Testing verdict: The big talking points from 2020's Test One
- Malaika dedicates a post to the Khan boys!
- Lewis Hamilton And Lionel Messi Win Laureus Sportsman Of The Year Award
- Hülkenberg is ongedeerd: "Maar de halo heeft niet veel gedaan"
Grosjean to miss Abu Dhabi career swansong have 312 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at December 6, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.