The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) held a seven-hour virtual hearing, chaired by an England-based adjudicator, who reserved the verdict after listening to the arguments. “Lawyers representing the Pakistan Cricket Board and Umar both submitted their arguments and details before the CAS via video link,” a source close to the batsman said. The batsman filed the appeal with the CAS after an independent adjudicator of the Pakistan Cricket Board reduced his ban from three-years to 18 months. PCB to challenge Umar Akmal’s ban reduction in CAS Justice (retd) Fakhir Muhammad Khokar had reduced Umar’s ban in late July despite the PCB’s contention that the batsman had shown no remorse over his actions of not reporting a corruption approach. After Khokar reduced Umar’s ban, the PCB filed a petition with the CAS against the reduction of the ban and asked for more punishment. Later, Umar also filed an appeal with the CAS against his total ban. Umar was charged for two breaches of Article 2.4.4 of the PCB”s Anti-Corruption Code in two unrelated incidents that took place in Lahore before the fifth edition of the Pakistan Super League began in Karachi on February 20.Umar, who has played 16 Tests, 121… Read full this story
- RBI awaits the power of one
- Amaechi, Abe factions differ over S’Court verdict on APC primaries in Rivers
- Madhya Pradesh floor-test: How the numbers are stacked up now
- Tribunalisation of democracy in Nigeria (2)
- This Japanese man spent almost five decades on death row. He could go back
- Former Virgin America flyers need to know these 12 things about Alaska Airlines
- Trump claims coronavirus is under control -- contradicting reality and his own top expert
- Is China’s gaokao the world’s toughest school exam?
- Democrats block coronavirus response in fear of 2008 redux
Umar Akmal awaits fate as CAS reserves verdict after hearing have 291 words, post on www.mykhel.com at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.