ENGLAND TOUR OF SRI LANKA 2020-21 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Mathews had to withdraw from South Africa Tests due to a hamstring injury. © BCCI Angelo Mathews is set for a Test comeback in the two-match home series against England after missing last month’s South Africa tour with a hamstring injury. The former captain was named in the 22-member squad announced by Sri Lanka Cricket, on Wednesday (January 13), to be led by Dimuth Karunaratne. Mathews was originally named in the Sri Lankan squad for the two Tests in South Africa but later withdrawn after he suffered a hamstring injury in a domestic T20 competition. The hosts have recalled Nuwan Pradeep, while also calling up the likes of Roshen Silva, Lakshan Sandakan and the uncapped Ramesh Mendis. Dhananjaya de Silva, Kasun Rajitha, Santhush Gunathilake and Dilshan Madushanka – who were all a part of the South African tour, have been left out. The two-match Test series is set to begin on Thursday (January 14) and will be a part of the ICC Test Championship. England have returned to Sri Lanka after abandoning this tour last March midway through a practice game as the COVID-19 pandemic picked… Read full this story
- After concussion substitute, will see Covid 19 substitute in England Test series?
- West Indies players to wear Black Lives Matter logo during England Test series
- West Indies Cricketers to Sports 'Black Lives Matter' Logo During England Test Series
- England-Windies series: Ben Stokes ready for return of international cricket after coronavirus lockdown
- ‘India’s Australia Test series from Dec. 3’
- England vs West Indies Test series: Complete schedule, squads, TV timings
- New era for cricket as England-West Indies Test series begins on Wednesday
- Door not closed on England Test squad for Bairstow, says Smith
- England-West Indies Test Series Will be a Litmus Test For Cricket Amidst Coronavirus Scare, Says Shaun Pollock
- Jason Holder, Ben Stokes in focus as England vs West Indies Test series inches closer
Mathews returns for England Test series have 329 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.