SOUTH AFRICA V PAKISTAN, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on ShareTweet Shaheen Afridi picked up the scalp of Markram © AFP South Africa kicked off their first tour of Pakistan in more than 13 years on the front foot, as a stroke-filled start from the top-order carried them to 96 for 2 at Lunch on Day 1 at the National Stadium in Karachi. Elgar, who made a rollicking start to 2021 with a century in Johannesburg against Sri Lanka, led the way for the visitors as Pakistan bowlers got an early idea of the pitch that had nothing in it for them. The early flurry of boundaries came against Hasan Ali, who bowled full but got punished due to the lack of movement in the air or off the pitch. Elgar and Aiden Markram hit six fours off the first four overs, before Shaheen Afridi produced a breakthrough. He angled a length ball away from the right-handed opener who edged the ball while aiming to defend it. The ball flew low but debutant Imran Butt – fielding at second slip – dived to his left to complete the catch right in front of the first slip fielder. Rassie van… Read full this story
- 1st Test: Rohit Sharma ton helps India set South Africa 395 to win
- Gutsy Elgar ton helps South Africa close in on follow-on mark
- Baby flamingos in peril get special airlift in South Africa
- South Africa Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband Market 2019 Status, Size, Players, Regions, Type, Application 2023
- The Rise of South Africa’s Third Party
- Horror tackle costs Italy as South Africa runs riot
- Orange Mud expands international distribution in South Africa.
- Whites-only Town Founder Offers Free Land for ‘Uprooted White Race’ in South Africa
- India v South Africa: Rohit Sharma breaks record for most sixes in a Test
- Special airlift for baby flamingos in peril in South Africa
South Africa lose two wickets in fast start have 295 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.