Three Stars 1. Travis Konecny, Philadelphia Flyers. Konecny could not buy a goal in the playoffs, going 16 straight games without finding the back of the net. It was only a matter of time until his puck luck changed, and that happened in a big way on Friday night in a 5-2 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins. Konecny scored three goals (Gritty helped celebrate) in the Flyers’ win to help them jump out to a 2-0 start with a pair big wins over their cross-state rivals. The Flyers have scored 11 goals in the two games, while starting goalie Carter Hart was sensational on Friday night. Hard to think of a better start to the 2020-21 season for the team. 2. Vitek Vanecek, Washington Capitals. The Capitals were not great on Friday but they did just enough to get a 2-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres, mainly because Vanecek was outstanding in his NHL debut by stopping 30 of the 31 shots he faced. This is significant for the Capitals because the goaltending spot is a big question for this season. They were anticipating having Henrik Lundqvist to share the net with Ilya Samsonov, but when it was revealed he needed… Read full this story
- Traffic Avalanche: Capitalize On Your Strengths
- Super Southwestern Roadtrips -- Family Vacation Fun Along Interstate 40 (AKA old Route 66!)
- Book Review - Heaven's Blue by Penelope Marzec
- Alice Springs - Australia's Outback Capital
- India at 60...Growing and Shining (Part-I)
- India Real Estate - Make Hay While The Sun Shines!
- Energy Guru Eric Sprott Wants More Molybdenum
- Third rail
- Stellenbosch - South Africa
- Motorcycle Touring in Sonora Mexico
The Buzzer: Vanecek shines in debut for Capitals; Avalanche rout Blues have 259 words, post on nhl.nbcsports.com at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.