KARACHI: Leg spinner Zahid Mahmood is in line to be named in Pakistan’s T20I squad for the series against South Africa after it was confirmed that Shadab Khan will not be available for the three-match series.According to Geo.tv, sources said that Pakistani selectors have had initial discussions on the composition of the team for the series. The squad is likely to be named at the end of the first Test in Karachi.Other names being considered for the series, include Ammad Butt, Aamir Yamin, Sharjeel Khan, and Azam Khan.Sources believe that Abdullah Shafiq, who was part of T20I squad that toured New Zealand, is unlikely to retain his place in the team. Wahab Riaz’s performance in New Zealand was also discussed among selectors.The three T20I series between Pakistan and South Africa will be played in Lahore next month with matches being scheduled on 11th, 13th and 14th of February.
- Jofra Archer, Ben Stokes, Sam Curran rested from England ODI squad in South Africa
- England rest Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer and Sam Curran for ODIs on white-ball tour of South Africa
- Uncapped Glenton Stuurman in South Africa white-ball squads
- South Africa Recall Faf du Plessis For Home Series Against England
- Asad Shafiq axed as Pakistan name 35-member squad for NZ tour
- England rest Rajasthan Royals duo Archer, Stokes; Chennai Super Kings' Sam Curran for ODI series against South Africa
- Archer, Stokes rested for South Africa ODIs
- South Africa Fast Bowling Great Morne Morkel To Play Big Bash League as an Australian
- PSL playoffs preview: How teams battle the squad shuffle could decide PSL winner
- PSL playoffs: Saqib Mahmood replaces Liam Livingstone in Peshawar Zalmi squad
Zahid Mahmood to be named in Pakistan’s T20I squad against South Africa: sources have 274 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.