Gavin Henson says he has had his eyes opened in his first three training sessions in rugby league as he prepares to make his debut in the 13-man code. The former Wales and British and Irish Lions fly-half is set to come out of retirement at the age of 39 after switching codes and signing for third-tier part-timers West Wales Raiders for 2021. The Llanelli-based Raiders are poised to return to action – after a year’s absence due to the coronavirus pandemic – in the Betfred Challenge Cup on the weekend of March 20 and Henson will discover his first potential opponents when the first-round draw is made on Thursday. “I’m very much looking forward to it and I’m looking forward to seeing who we get in the cup,” Henson told the Betfred podcast . Henson, who won 33 caps with Wales during his career with Ospreys, Bath and Bristol, has not played since being released by Dragons at the end of the 2018-19 season and was beginning to put all his energy into his new pub business until a chance meeting with the Raiders rekindled an old interest in rugby league. “I’ve been messing around playing football but missing… Read full this story
- Gavin and Stacey Christmas special will not play controversial lyric in Fairytale of New York
- 'I'm scared': Rugby star Alix Popham and his wife reveal the devastating toll of his dementia diagnosis at just 41 - including flashes of rage, memory loss, and being robbed of the chance of another child
- Fire, fury and defiance: a year of disrupted sport unlike any other – in pictures
- 7pm Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Saliba set for loan move, Xhaka free to leave, Torreira could return in January
- Lake Como with the Clooneys! The Sussexes jetted out to join Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank at George and Amal's luxury Italian villa where they lounged by the pool and Prince Harry explored on motorbike, biography claims
- Brexit: Britain’s historic EU referendum — As it happened
- Kiwis and Penrith forward Zane Tetevano heading to Leeds Rhinos
- Coronavirus lockdowns by state: What you need to know
- 11am Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Dybala and Bernardeschi offered for Pogba, Rashford ‘£300k-a-week new deal offer’
- Anthony Joshua blended viciousness, spite and aggression with newfound poise and control – will Tyson Fury fear this performance?
Gavin Henson: Former Wales international surprised by intensity of rugby league training sessions have 378 words, post on www.skysports.com at February 10, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.