Rohit top-scored in the first innings with 66 and remained unbeaten on 25 in the second to move ahead of compatriot Cheteshwar Pujara among others. His rating points aggregate is 742, 20 more than his best of 722 in October 2019 when he was ranked 10th. Player of the match Axar Patel and Ravichandran Ashwin have also made solid gains after playing a crucial role in India’s win on a spin-friendly Motera track. Left-arm spinner Patel’s 11-wicket match haul has helped him gain 30 slots to reach the 38th position while off-spinner Ashwin’s seven wickets have lifted him four places to third position. India vs England: Australia spinner Nathan Lyon slams those ‘crying over’ turning Motera pitch in 3rd Test England spinner Jack Leach has entered the top 30 for the first time, moving up three places to 28th after taking four wickets. Captain Joe Root’s maiden five-wicket haul has lifted him 16 places to 72nd among bowlers while he is now joint-13th among all-rounders. India vs England: Motera likely to escape ICC ‘Red Eye’ as final Test pitch promises to be batting beauty Opener Zak Crawley’s knock of 53 in the first innings has helped him advance 15 places… Read full this story
- Rohit Sharma attains career-best 17th in ICC Test Player Rankings; Virat Kohli drops below 900-point mark
- Virat Kohli one point behind Steve Smith in ICC Rankings; India captain can gain top spot in Ranchi Test against SA
- ICC Champions Trophy 2017: Acid test for Virat Kohli as India face South Africa in a do-or-die tie
- Should Rohit, not Virat, lead India's World Cup team?
- ICC World Cup 2019: India vs England: Preview, where to watch, timing, probable XI
- India v South Africa, 2nd Test, Day 2 Highlights: Kohli makes Test-best double-century as hosts dominate Proteas
- India Vs South Africa, 2nd Test, Day 3 Highlights: Ashwin makes crucial breakthrough as hosts press home advantage
- India vs South Africa: Ravichandran Ashwin Says Keshav Maharaj And Vernon Philander's Stand Did Not Frustrate Him
- ICC faces ire of Sachin Tendulkar's fans for calling Ben Stokes 'greatest cricketer of all time'
- ICC World Cup 2019: Proteas edge win despite Warner century to leave Australia facing England clash
ICC Rankings: Rohit Sharma jumps to career-best eighth; R Ashwin climbs to third after heroics in Ahmedabad have 348 words, post on www.mykhel.com at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.