With a sensation 10-wicket win over England in the day-night third Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad – India knocked England out of contention from the ICC World Test Championship final in June. The win also propelled India to the top of World Test Championship standings. Courtesy the win, Kohli's men have further strengthened their grip in the World Test Championship points table with a better percentage of 71 and 490 points in 16 matches. Meanwhile, England, who are now 2-1 down in the four-match series, are out of the race for a place in the final of the ICC World Test Championship after losing the third Test in Ahmedabad. Joe Root and Co. needed to win the four-match series 3-1 versus India to play the June 18-22 final. New Zealand are assured of a place in the final with 70 percentage points. What India Need to do to Qualify for ICC WTC Final? India now have to either win or draw the fourth and final Test against England, starting March 4 in Ahmedabad to claim the right to take on New Zealand at the historic Lord's cricket ground. The BlackCaps have already qualified and are placed second… Read full this story
- ICC World Test Championship final likely to be held as per schedule
- World Test Championship: ICC to shift WTC final from Lord's?
- World Test Championship: ICC announces altered points system, India slip to second spot
- What Australia, India, New Zealand and England need to do to qualify for World Test Championship final
- World Test Championship Finalists to be Decided by Percentage of Points Earned: Report
- World Test Championship: Virat Kohli surprised by change in points system as India slide to second place
- World Test Championship: ICC’s altered point system puts Australia to top, India at no. 2
- Australia Pip India to Claim Top Spot in World Test Championship as ICC Modifies Point System
- World Test Championship finalists to be decided by percentage of points earned: report
- World Test Championship finalists to be decided by percentage of points earned: Report
ICC World Test Championship 2021: Here's What Virat Kohli-Led Team India Needs to do Qualify For Final have 334 words, post on www.cricketcountry.com at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.