India claimed a 2-1 series win on the road against Australia in January but were beaten in the opener, falling to their record low score in just 21.2 overs in their second innings. India quickly recovered from that humiliation, and the hosts also bounced back from an opening Test loss to England to tie this series at 1-1 ahead of the third test in Ahmedabad. Ahmedabad pitch report: A turner or pacer’s friend? Find the answer Root, who earned man-of-the-match honours in the series opener after scoring a double-century in his 100th Test, hinted India’s nightmare in Adelaide may play on the minds of the hosts when under the lights. “If we can exploit that [events in Adelaide] then that’s something we will look to do,” Root said. “But you have to earn the right, make early inroads, build pressure for periods of time and put balls in good areas, challenging defences. “That will be our focus; [36 all out] is more for them to worry about, for it to be in the back of their minds.” The 30-year-old insists the tourists are in a strong position with the series tied heading into a day-night Test in the world’s largest… Read full this story
- Rohit Sharma’s fine start as Test opener is good news for India
- 1st Test Day 2: Double centurion Mayank Agarwal puts India on top
- Kirsten ideal candidate to coach England: Atherton
- Gary Kirsten ideal candidate to coach England: Michael Atherton
- Rugby: Kirsten ideal candidate to coach England, says Atherton
- Chelsea vs West Ham - LIVE!
- How to watch Chelsea vs West Ham on TV and online tonight
- Comparison: Samsung Galaxy M20 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Arsenal vs Manchester United live stream: how to watch FA Cup football from anywhere
- Super Bowl 2019 live stream: how to watch Patriots vs Rams online for free without commercials
India vs England 2021: Root hints 36 all out may be in the back of India's minds ahead of day-night third Test have 304 words, post on www.mykhel.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.