Elliott signed his first professional contract with the Reds as a 17-year-old in July 2020, having made his debut for the club in an EFL Cup match against MK Dons in 2019, becoming the youngest player to start a game in Liverpool’s history. The Fulham youth product went on to make 13 appearances for Jurgen Klopp’s side before moving to Blackburn on a season-long loan in October 2020 and he has played 23 games and scored four goals this season for Rovers. Elliott became the Premier League’s youngest ever player while at Fulham, playing in a 1-0 defeat to Wolves in May 2019, and has been capped at England under-15, under-16 and under-17 level. After the clubs could not agree a fee at the time of his transfer, the case went to tribunal, and the Professional Football Compensation Committee (PFCC) made its judgement on Wednesday. The London club revealed in a statement that they are “very pleased” to be awarded a record compensation fee for a 16-year-old player. “The Professional Football Compensation Committee has today given its decision with regards to the compensation payable following Harvey Elliott’s move to Liverpool in 2019,” said the statement. “Under the Youth Development Rules,… Read full this story
- Exclusive: England U17s midfielder Harvey Elliott to join Liverpool this summer
- Danny Cipriani will pay tribute to late ex-girlfriend Caroline Flack by wearing black 'be kind' armbands with his teammates during rugby game
- Southampton report Liverpool to Premier League over Virgil van Dijk approach
- When can Liverpool win the Premier League title now?
- Liverpool 3-2 West Ham: Sadio Mane strikes late to sink spirited Hammers
- Klopp’s blockbuster arrival brings hope back to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp Has Great Expectations Liverpool Will Deliver
- Watford end Liverpool's unbeaten run: How did Nigel Pearson's side do it?
- Premier League: Liverpool Close On Manchester City, Arsenal Held By Manchester United In Four-Goal Thriller
- Liverpool have Premier League’s sexiest fans but Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal supporters also easy on eye, reveals poll
Liverpool to pay 'record amount' of compensation to Fulham for Elliott have 324 words, post on www.mykhel.com at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.