AUSTRALIA WOMEN TOUR OF NEW ZEALAND, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet Both Perry and Vlaeminck suffered long-term injuries last year. © Getty Young pacer Tayla Vlaeminck will be making her much-awaited comeback in New Zealand by the end of next month after returning to the national squad following a long injury layoff. Star allrounder Ellyse Perry also marks her return to international cricket after finally recovering from a serious hamstring injury as Australia announced a 17-member squad for the series. Vlaeminck’s T20 World Cup hopes were shattered last year when she was ruled out of the tournament after being diagnosed with a stress fracture on her right foot. The 22-year-old’s most recent appearance for Australia came in February last year in the Tri-series final against India just before the T20 World Cup at home. Even though she was tipped to make a comeback in Australia’s home series, she was ruled out of the tournament and the WBBL after feeling pain in her ankle during rehab. Perry on the other hand was included in the squad for the home series against New Zealand as well but didn’t feature in any of the games after suffering from… Read full this story
- England could have stand-in captain and coach for New Zealand tour - Ashley Giles
- Jonny Bairstow dropped from England Test squad for New Zealand tour as four potential debutants are called up
- 'Go hard, go early' – now New Zealand goes back to the drawing board
- Explainer: Source of New Zealand coronavirus outbreak still a mystery
- Meg Lanning to lead Australia eves on tour to New Zealand
- New Zealand promises bumper summer cricket schedule
- Why being in power makes 2020 election much harder for New Zealand First
- New Zealand's deputy PM reveals the source of country's shock coronavirus outbreak - a 'breach inside our quarantine system'
- Coronavirus | New Zealand PM delays election after virus return
- James Cameron resumes filming for Avatar sequel in New Zealand after director and crew complete 14-day quarantine
Tayla Vlaeminck returns for New Zealand tour have 326 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.