Former England international Ebony Rainford-Brent thinks The Hundred has set out a “statement” with the historic decision to start the tournament with a women’s match. In a first for a major UK sporting event, Oval Invincibles will face Manchester Originals in a women’s game to start the inaugural edition of The Hundred on July 21 . The men’s and women’s competitions will then be played alongside each other, with all games live on Sky Sports. “It’s amazing news,” said Rainford-Brent on Sky Sports News . “Men and women competing side by side, the women play the first game and that sets a statement. “Women’s sport has been put on the backburner a bit over the last 12 months because of the pandemic and this is a real chance for young boys and girls to turn on the TV and see something exciting and the women are really going to drive it. It’s a fantastic message to start the tournament.” Australia captain Meg Lanning will be playing for Welsh Fire, having enjoyed plenty of success in the Women’s Big Bash League. The Hundred to launch with women’s match Draft picks and new signings announced She hopes The Hundred can replicate the… Read full this story
- Michael Holding and Ebony Rainford-Brent awarded Freedom of the City of London
- Michael Holding and Ebony Rainford-Brent awarded Freedom of the City of London after standing up against racism
- PornHub owner MindGeek is sued for $80m by FORTY women who say site 'partnered with and profited from sex trafficking operation GirlsDoPorn'
- Women's cricket roars back after COVID-19 stalls T20 World Cup momentum to set up stellar 2021/22
- Pubs, restaurants and business leaders in London say 10pm curfew is 'pointless' in Tier 2 lockdown and demand Covid rule is scrapped to offer 'glimmer of light' to hospitality industry
- EXCLUSIVE - 'I'm disappointed but not surprised': Eton teacher breaks silence to say college was 'backed into a corner' after upholding decision to sack him over 'toxic masculinity' lecture row
- Source: Auburn contacts Hugh Freeze about job opening
- 'Big day in Israel. Congratulations!' Trump tweets jubilantly at official opening by Jared and Ivanka of U.S. embassy in Jerusalem - as bloody day of violence sees Israeli snipers kill 52 and injure 2,400
- Fox News Women: Roger Ailes Asked to See My Underwear, If I Was Single, and More
- Airbnb says 20% of its US employees will be underrepresented minorities and 50% of global employees will be women by the end of 2025 - as its stock continues to fall following US market debut
The Hundred has 'set a statement' with women's opener, says Ebony Rainford-Brent have 417 words, post on www.skysports.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.