USA TODAY Sports J.J. Watt can't wear No. 99 in Arizona . Unless he can. Officially retired in honor of running back/fullback Marshall Goldberg by the Cardinals, one member of Goldberg's family has paved the way for a dispensation. His daughter, Ellen Goldberg Tullos, told TMZ.com that the family wouldn't object to the number being unretired for Watt's use. " He has my blessings ," Tullos told TMZ.com, "and I'm sure my father would be more than delighted for him to carry it on. . . . I know dad was really honored when they retired his number but also he's always respected other players. And if J.J. Watt had the number 99 with him for a long time and it meant something to him, I think he'd be delighted to let him use the number and unretire or whatever the proper word would be." The proper word is "retired," because that's what the number is. When teams retire numbers, they surely are aware of the possibility that, at some point in the future, there could be someone who wants to wear it and/or someone to whom they'd like to issue it. To allow that, don't retire numbers. Goldberg's number… Read full this story
- Man admits wife's murder, blames her for daughters' deaths
- Asus ZenWatch 3 review: The best Android Wear device you can get
- 33 new and notable Android Wear apps and watch faces from the last 2 months (9/01/17
- WiFi Manager for Android Wear lets you enter network passwords on your watch
- Marshall Stanmore II review: A powerful but pricey Assistant speaker
- Texans' J.J. Watt 'full-go' as camp starts
- Colorado Man Charged With Murder Says Wife Killed Daughters
- Texans' J.J. Watt on helping Santa Fe victims: 'You try to put yourself in somebody else's shoes'
- Friends say slain Colorado mom thought husband "could be cheating"
- Whoopi Goldberg: Women Who Have Sex to Get Ahead in Hollywood Should ‘Cop to It’
Marshall Goldberg’s daughter says J.J. Watt can wear No. 99 have 340 words, post on profootballtalk.nbcsports.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.