AFGHANISTAN V ZIMBABWE IN UAE, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet Blessing Muzarabani and Victor Nyauchi ran through the heart of Afghanistan’s batting line-up. © Getty Blessing Muzarabani and Victor Nyauchi ran through the heart of Afghanistan’s batting line-up in the second innings to put Zimbabwe on top at Tea on Day 2. Afghanistan were in deep trouble at 49 for 6, still needing 70 to make Zimbabwe bat again. In what turned out to be a decisive second session, Nyauchi gave the African side the perfect start by dismissing Abdul Malik for no score, with the Test debutant ending up with a pair. Muzarabani followed it up by prising Munir Ahmed out LBW with a delivery that straightened. Afghanistan’s woes didn’t end there as Nyauchi used the inswinger to castle Rahmat Shah. The pace duo continued to make crucial incisions as they bagged the scalps of Hashmatullah Shahidi and Asghar Afghan in quick succession. Meanwhile, Sean Williams followed up his hundred by trapping Afsar Zazai in front. Afghanistan could have been seven down but Abdul Wasi was dropped off Donald Tiripano just before the break. Despite losing his batting partners at the other end, Ibrahim Zadran,… Read full this story
- Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma continue to dominate ICC ODI rankings for batsmen
- Babar Azam replaces Azhar Ali as Pakistan Test team captain for New Zealand series
- Wasim Akram backs Babar Azam to take over Test captaincy, urges him to be assertive
- News updates from Hindustan Times: Presidency in US hinges on tight races in northern battleground states and all the latest news
- Can Johannesburg reinvent itself as Africa’s first cycle-friendly megacity?
Muzarabani, Nyauchi extend Zimbabwe's dominance have 269 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.