NBCSN's coverage of the 2020-21 NHL season continues with Wednesday's matchup between the Anaheim Ducks and St. Louis Blues. Blues-Ducks stream coverage begins at 9:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN. You can watch the game online and on the NBC Sports app by clicking here . Trevor Zegras ' call up on Feb. 21 and Isac Lundeström's hat trick Monday were further steps in the youth movement going on in Anaheim. The Ducks have not made the playoffs the last two seasons and haven't won a playoff game since Game 4 of the 2017 Western Conference Final. Players that helped them sustain a run that saw them miss the postseason twice in 12 seasons are aging out. Some of those pieces, like Corey Perry , are long gone. Others, like captain Ryan Getzlaf , whose contract expires this summer, could be on their way out. That roster turnover and focus on youth has been painful. The Ducks have seen drops in most statistical categories since 2017, like all situations goals per game (2.82 in 2017-18 to 2.05 this season); 5-on-5 shots per game (29.9 to 26, per Evolving Hockey ); and on-ice save percentage (.932 to .911). It's why general manager… Read full this story
- 2019 Young Futurists: For These 25 Game Changers, the Future Is Now
- Mike Babcock sweepstakes to heat up with Red Wings out of NHL playoffs
- China's Li Lingwei, Zhang Hong appointed to IOC Future Host Commissions
- Netflix's Bright Future Looks A Lot Like Television's Dim Past
- Does Hockey Have Any Damn Business In Texas?
- Facebook should do more to stop malicious propaganda videos
- What if aging weren’t inevitable, but a curable disease?
- A.Human is a sci-fi fashion show about changing your body instead of your clothes
- Building More LGBTQ-Inclusive Sex Education for Students
- Xinhua Headlines: How vocational schools boost skills for Belt and Road partners
NHL on NBCSN: Progress of youth ‘encouraging’ for Ducks’ future have 298 words, post on nhl.nbcsports.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.