It's been a while since the Bruins made a dramatic deadline trade. The one they made this year might not be as dramatic in production as it is in name value. Taylor Hall made it abundantly clear he wanted to play in Boston. He had been interested in signing there in the offseason before taking a one-year deal in Buffalo. In his introductory press conference, he expressed a desire to not be the "focal point" like he's been in Edmonton, New Jersey, Arizona and Buffalo. In years past, a second round pick and Anders Bjork for someone who has been an elite scorer would have been laughable. Even on a tough deadline for sellers, most experts consider Hall a steal for the return, even with lesser production in Buffalo. His Bruins career began with a turnover and an icing. It got better, though tentative, from there. It appeared his first point came in the second period, but they took an assist off the board and credited Craig Smith with an unassisted tally. That first point will have to wait after all. Perhaps it would have helped a player who admitted his half a season in Buffalo had shaken his confidence… Read full this story
- Tumultuous health orders further threaten Ferry Building’s status as a local food oasis
- National Trust sparks woke row after tweeting about artefacts and buildings linked to slavery and the British Empire - as dozens vow to cancel membership over historical 'virtue signalling'
- Zac Taylor: Joe Burrow has 'got a full grasp of our offense'
- Letters: Derek Sugden kept it simple with humour and confidence
- Activists slam council for approving £37million upgrade of memorial building to British imperialist Cecil Rhodes in Oxford that was site of demonstration during BLM protests
- Anthony Michael Hall: The Most Underappreciated Comedic Actor of Our Time? Yes He Is.
- Fletcher Building chief executive takes 30pc pay cut as firm suffers $196m loss
- Dozen new COVID-19 cases found in UConn residence hall
- How to build American resilience
- How Sanders is helping keep the progressive movement strong
Building Taylor Hall’s confidence will be a work in progress for Bruins have 342 words, post on nhl.nbcsports.com at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.