MILWAUKEE — With the team facing a COVID-19 scare, Chicago Cubs pitcher Kyle Hendricks was scratched from his scheduled start after the right-hander indicated he wasn't feeling well. The Cubs didn't provide specifics about Hendricks' health, saying only the move was made from "an abundance of caution." Four Cubs were added to the COVID-19 injured list over the last two days. Cubs manager David Ross said before the game with the Milwaukee Brewers that none of his players have tested positive for the coronavirus. Infielder Matt Duffy went on the virus-related injured list one day after the Cubs put relievers Brandon Workman , Jason Adam and Dan Winkler on the list. Bullpen coach Chris Young and first base coach Craig Driver have tested positive. "We still do not have any players on the positive COVID list," Ross said. "I would tell you right now with protocols and being extra cautious, if you have a headache, if you have a runny nose, if you have body aches, if you have just about anything going on that would or could be one of the 10 COVID symptoms, we're going to err on the side of caution." Alec Mills replaced Hendricks as the… Read full this story
- Fantasy Baseball Arms Watch: Too early to worry about Kyle Hendricks? What's up with all the blisters?
- Hamels sets table for Chicago Cubs, Bote clears plate in big win
- With Mike Montgomery down, stakes ramp up for Cubs on Yu Darvish comeback
- Cubs to skip Mike Montgomery's next start
- Cubs lose 9-0 to last-place Royals ahead of nine-game litmus test
- Daniel Murphy 'exactly what we need right now,' say Cubs, who lose 2-1 to Tigers
- Cole Hamels strikes out nine, beats Pirates in Cubs debut
- Cubs ride bullpen to victory over Giants, take 2-0 lead in NLDS
- Cubs reach first World Series since 1945 with 5-0 win over Dodgers, Clayton Kershaw
- Travis Wood’s improbable blast may be sign Cubs’ curse is nearing end
Cubs’ Kyle Hendricks feeling ill, scratched amid team COVID-19 scare have 330 words, post on mlb.nbcsports.com at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.