It's been an up and down season for Jackson State and first year head coach Deion Sanders . The Pro Football Hall of Famer stepped into the coaching realm and saw early success this year with a 3-0 start but three straight losses put things in perspective for Sanders. Sanders wants to recruit a specific type of player to the historically black college. This season, Sanders consistently preached hard work and an opportunity for young men to become great and get to the next level. He broke down his recruiting pitch on Sunday. "I'm looking for young men whom want to step outside the walls of mediocrity, open the doors to possibility that leads to reality," Sanders tweeted. "Who has the nerve & the confidence to come to a HBCU like @GoJSUTigersFB and help us Reestablish the tradition that once lead directly to the @nfl ?" The fact Sanders' team won three in a row to start the year was impressive and they're making an impact on the recruiting trail early. After their third straight loss last week, Sanders talked about changing the culture around the program to establish more consistency. "To change the culture, you've got to change the… Read full this story
- Giants enter odd 2020 draft with extra picks and the need to be master recruiters
- How the UIL's delayed start in Texas 5A-6A impacts state top 100
- Teams benefiting from close-to-home recruiting during pandemic
- Biden and Sanders Teams Stand Off Over Israeli 'Occupation'
- Alabama flexing its muscle on recruiting trail in Sunshine State
- NYPD releases video of former CFB player shot in altercation
- Mike Gundy delivers all-time line to son about how he’ll be coached at Oklahoma State
- BYU remains in the mix for top prospect in the state of Utah
- Close friends, elite prospects discuss life and recruiting
- RECRUITING: USC offers 5-star 2022 Florida defensive tackle
Deion Sanders challenges players in recruiting pitch for Jackson State have 314 words, post on 247sports.com at April 19, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.