Getty Images The San Francisco 49ers selected quarterback Trey Lance with the third overall selection. Before doing so, they tried to use that pick plus more to acquire a veteran quarterback. Via Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area, G.M. John Lynch admitted that the 49ers did indeed contact the Packers about a potential trade for quarterback Aaron Rodgers , without naming Rodgers' name. Lynch said the 49ers were quickly rebuffed. Lynch, to his credit, is honest and candid. Frankly, he's too honest and candid. Nothing can be gained by admitting that they tried to get Rodgers on the night they welcome Trey Lance into the fold. It only puts more pressure on Lance. Then again, there already will be plenty of pressure on Lance. The fact that the 49ers tried to get Rodgers instead is just a little more.
- 49ers outplayed Packers in every area
- Aaron Rodgers not out for revenge against 49ers
- Are 49ers lapping Packers in talent pool?
- MVP talk doesn’t rattle Packers QB Rodgers
- Packers jokingly jab QB on Aaron Rodgers Day
- Finley admits lack of chemistry with Rodgers
- Aaron Rodgers focused on team, not Jennings’ comments
- Wells’ brains, brawn help Packers protect Rodgers
- Packers’ QB Rodgers as reliable as always
- Packers QB Rodgers pays visit to Brewers
John Lynch admits 49ers contacted Packers about Aaron Rodgers have 208 words, post on profootballtalk.nbcsports.com at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.