Seven former 247Sports Composite five-star prospects were selected in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft, topping last year’s mark of six. This was another strong NFL Draft for the recruiting industry. Five-star prospects make up such a tiny fraction of all recruits, yet represented almost a quarter of players picked in the first round. Let's look at the first-round picks who had that distinction coming out of high school. As it turns out, the top seven had a heavy five-star flavor. Trevor Lawrence , QB, Clemson — No. 1 to Jacksonville Jaguars Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama — No. 9 to Denver Broncos Justin Fields , QB, Ohio State — No. 11 to Chicago Bears Micah Parsons , LB, Penn State — No. 12 to Dallas Cowboys Alex Leatherwood , OL, Alabama — No. 17 to Las Vegas Raiders Jaelan Phillips , DE, Miami — No. 18 to Miami Dolphins Najee Harris , RB, Alabama — No. 24 to Pittsburgh Steelers. There were also nine other former four-star prospects taken in the first round. While four- and five-star prospects make up less than ten percent of all football scholarship signees, they accounted for half of the NFL’s first… Read full this story
- Patriots NFL Draft Day 3 Live Blog
- Everything The Patriots Did At 2018 NFL Draft
- NFL Draft starts at 7 p.m.: Baker Mayfield might be the story of the night
- Patriots NFL Draft Day 2 Live Blog
- Best Team Fits For NFL Draft Prospects
- Patriots Work Out Quarterbacks Stidham, Thorson Ahead Of NFL Draft
- Five NFL Draft Sleepers To Watch
- Miami Dolphins will add most talent this offseason via source other than NFL draft
- It's a quarterback-heavy NFL draft, but the three best players aren't QBs
- NFL Draft Prospects Swag Out, Kyler Murray Rocks Pink Suit!
NFL Draft 2021: Seven former 5-stars go in first round have 271 words, post on 247sports.com at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.