MINNEAPOLIS — Ja Morant had 37 points and 10 assists and the Memphis Grizzlies held on for a 139-135 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night. Desmond Bane scored 22 points off the bench, including a few key 3-pointers late, and Kyle Anderson added 20 points for the Grizzlies. Memphis overcame a big game from Timberwolves rookie Anthony Edwards , who tied his career-high with 42 points. Teenagers with multiple 40+ point games in NBA history: 3 – @KingJames @theantedwards_ That’s the list. pic.twitter.com/40JgPT6pul — Minnesota Timberwolves (@Timberwolves) May 6, 2021 Karl-Anthony Towns scored 22 points but ran into foul trouble when he picked up his fifth foul late in the third quarter. D’Angelo Russell had 22 points and 14 assists in the loss. After trailing for much of the second half, Minnesota finally took a 128-127 lead on a Towns 3-point play with 3:04 remaining. Morant answered with a step-back 3-pointer over Towns, and Memphis never trailed again. Towns attempted a cross-court pass that went out of bounds with 1:43 remaining. Morant responded with a jumper at the other end. Bane later connected from downtown for a 135-130 Memphis lead with 55.5 seconds to play. Minnesota previously used… Read full this story
- Derrick Rose Scores Career-High 50 Points in Timberwolves’ Win
- Murray State football caps historic 31-point comeback with kick return touchdown in final seconds
- Jurgen Klopp Relates Nations League to 'Anthony Joshua Fighting Every 2nd Night'
- Joel Embiid has 42 points, 18 rebounds in 76ers' OT win
- Steelers defense to simplify scheme vs. Buccaneers after giving up 42 points in loss to Chiefs
- Joel Embiid’s 42 points, 18 rebounds outduels Kemba Walker in 76ers’ OT win
- Klay Thompson’s record three-point night is now a T-shirt
- 7 memorable plays from Liz Cambage’s WNBA record-setting 53-point night
- NHL roundup: Wheeler's 5-point night jolts Jets past Avs
- Griffin has career-best 50 points in Pistons' win over 76ers
Anthony Edwards has historic 42-point night, but Grizzlies get win have 291 words, post on nba.nbcsports.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.