EXCLUSIVE by Atif Azam • Published on Share Tweet “This Covid period has been particularly disruptive to the team’s progress” © Getty Graham Ford, the Ireland head coach, is in Bangladesh with the Ireland Wolves side after Pete Johnson declined to travel to the country. The former Natal player opens up about his coaching experience with the Ireland team, the challenges to the team’s progress due to the pandemic, their Test ambitions and more in an interview with Cricbuzz. Excerpts: You’ve coached in different parts of the world. How different has your experience been with Ireland? Ireland is a small cricketing nation and the players certainly don’t have the development opportunities that talented players have in the bigger cricketing countries. However, Irish cricket has always been about team togetherness, character and a fearless approach. Over the years, it has been these qualities that have helped them to achieve some special results. How much improvement have you seen in the Ireland team since taking over as the head coach? Unfortunately, this Covid period has been particularly disruptive to the team’s progress. Prior to the pandemic, we had started to build towards the future and had involved some exciting younger lads to… Read full this story
- Will Texas' attempt to shake up school finance lead to higher stakes for standardized tests?
- Stonehenge Capital investment makes early education possible for children living in low-income community
- A Disruption in Commercial Real Estate Finance Is Coming
- 400 evacuated after 2 deaths from possible gas leak in South Carolina
- Sigrid Johnson Was Black. A DNA Test Said She Wasn’t.
- Editorial: Student testing for the greater good (Editorial Agenda 2019)
- GOP power play ramps up in Mich. Senate; Clinton calls anti-democratic
- Local leader: possible Boy Scouts bankruptcy doesn’t jeopardize scouting in central Pa.
- How to take air-pollution testing into your own hands
- Elizabeth Warren launches exploratory committee, a major step in a possible 2020 run
'Envious of other countries but without sufficient finances, not possible for us to play more Tests' have 315 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.