The 2012 NHL Draft was set up nicely for Michael Houser . The event was taking place in his Pittsburgh, where his family moved when he was 11, and the London Knights goaltender was coming off a season where he was named the Ontario Hockey League's Most Outstanding Player and helped his team to the league title. Houser was the 16th-ranked goalie according to NHL Central Scouting, so it wasn't guaranteed he'd hear his named called over those two days. His agent, Paul Capizzano, told Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman this week they did not attend but had plans to go to the arena should he be picked. Two-hundred and eleven players were selected and Houser and his agent did not need to make the drive to downtown Pittsburgh that weekend. Almost nine years later, Houser will have good reason to take the trip to PPG Paints Arena as he'll be making his third straight start for the Sabres Thursday night against the Penguins. "Things do have to fall your way sometimes," Houser said this week before his NHL debut. "You need chances because of an injury or a call-up or what have you. I've just been kind of waiting my turn,… Read full this story
- NHL Mock Draft: Lafreniere head of the 2020 prospect class
- NHL Draft: Top 31 prospect rankings for 2020
- NHL Power Rankings: Best landing spots for Taylor Hall
- PHT Power Rankings: NHL’s most impactful offseason additions so far
- Women’s players hope NHL All-Star Weekend helps their cause
- 2020 NHL All-Star Skills: Winners, fun moments, Hertl as Bieber
- Love Island’s Joanna and Michael are meeting up off-camera to patch up romance-despite her insisting they’re done
- Michael Bublé Says His Son Noah's Cancer Diagnosis Forever Changed Him: 'I Am Different'
- Goalapalooza: Offense coming from everywhere around NHL
- David Pastrnak Nabs NHL All-Star Game MVP In Loss
‘Everybody needs opportunity’: Michael Houser making most of NHL chance have 312 words, post on nhl.nbcsports.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.