Hawaii: Halemaumau volcano spews lava as it erupts Sign up to receive our rundown of the day’s top stories direct to your inbox SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info The United States Geological Survey has reported a magnitude-4.2 quake which hit beneath Kīlauea Volcano ‘s south flank on Sunday, May 23. The earthquake caused weak to light shaking according to the earthquake organisation and more than 175 people reported feeling the quaker within the first hour it hit. Related articles Kilauea volcano eruption: Alert level updated Icelandic volcano eruption is like Hawaii volcano shield eruption The earthquake on May 23 hit at 11.40am local time and was centred around nine miles south of the volcano. The quake had a depth of around five miles and more than 175 reported feeling it in the USGS’ “Did you feel it?” survey. Weak to light shaking was reported in relation to the earthquake and the alert level has now been raised to orange. READ MORE: Panama… Read full this story
- Massive 7.7-magnitude earthquake in the Caribbean triggers tsunami warning coasts of Cuba, Jamaica and Mexico as buildings in Miami are evacuated and 'sewage' spills into the streets in the Cayman Islands
- Philippines' Taal Volcano alert level lowered to alert level 3
- Philippines Looks for Safer Homes for Volcano Residents
- Philippines Taal volcano – Clouds of smoke, ash and rocks rise NINE MILES into the air as tens of thousands flee
- Volcano erupts on Japanese island, no injuries reported
- Magnitude 7.7 earthquake strikes between Cuba, Jamaica
- Kobe Bryant crash: A helicopter tragedy eerily similar to a famous Bay Area wreck
- If Donald Trump Told You To Evacuate Your City, Would You?
- New geological and weather risks in the horizon
- 'It was like a movie': the high school students who uncovered a toxic waste scandal
Hawaii volcano warning: Earthquake hits beneath Kīlauea Volcano - alert level at orange have 326 words, post on www.express.co.uk at May 27, 2021. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.