Amid the Covid19 surge in India, there is massive speculation over the future of the Indian Premier League 2021. The tournament has reached its midway stage and a postponement is likely given the current scenario. Following two KKR players and two CSK members contracting the virus, there have been demands of bringing a halt to the tournament. The Board of Control of Cricket in India has thus far maintained that there is no looking back and the tournament will go ahead as planned. But now, as per a report in InsideSport, a BCCI official on anonymity reckoned that the tournament could be postponed. There is nothing official about it. "Though nothing is discussed officially as yet, but like this we have to postponed IPL 2021 as this menace has gripped the entire nation", said a BCCI official. Meanwhile, the scheduled KKR versus RCB match was postponed and now CSK has shown their reluctance in playing against RR on Wednesday in Delhi. Reports claim that the BCCI is planning to shift the entire IPL caravan to Mumbai to avoid the travelling of players. "See, today's game is postponed. The discussions have started on the way forward. We can't comment right now…. Read full this story
- IPL 2019 Likely To Take Place In The UAE Due To General Elections
- Employees' kids playing for U-19 Railways, BCCI set to bring stringent rules
- IPL 2019 Schedule: Indian Premier League 12 to be held from March 29 to May 19
- IPL 2019 to be moved out of India to UAE due to general elections?
- UAE may host IPL next year
- BCCI wants Champions Trophy, not an extra WT20
- IPL 2019 will be shifted to UAE if general election dates clash
- ICC World Cup 2019 schedule changed due to IPL, India to start against South Africa on June 4
- China closing in on second $19 billion semiconductor fund: sources
- Egypt: Looming Humanitarian Crisis in Sinai
'IPL 2021 Likely to be Postponed' - BCCI Official Reckons Amid Covid-19 Crisis have 309 words, post on www.cricketcountry.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.