Earlier this college basketball offseason, the Arizona Wildcats shocked the country when they fired head coach Sean Miller after 12 seasons with the program. Shortly after, Arizona hired former Gonzaga assistant coach Tommy Lloyd to fill Miller's shoes. In 20 full seasons on the Gonzaga staff, Lloyd has helped Gonzaga win 19 West Coast Conference regular-season titles (all but the 2011-12 season) and 15 WCC tournament championships. He's mentored 16 All-Americans and 82 all-WCC selections, including 13 conference players of the year, eight conference newcomers of the year and six conference defenders of the year. Now, Lloyd takes on his first head coaching job with the Wildcats in 2021-22. During a recent interview with CBS Sports , Lloyd opened up about what kinds of players he wants for his program. “I want ours to be unselfish play, high-character guys,” Lloyd said. “I want to eliminate as much dysfunction as I can from the formulas. You always have this sliding scale of talent vs dysfunction. “If we do things the right way, plenty of guys will get NBA opportunities at Arizona.” Arizona has been under investigation after a federal probe regarding corruption among NCAA schools. The situation stems from former Wildcats… Read full this story
- Ohio State takes No. 1 spot in new CBS Sports rankings
- Ohio State, Arizona among potential landing spots for Texas A&M transfer QB Nick Starkel
- Sports looks ahead to 2020: Will the Lakers or Clippers win an NBA title?
- College basketball power rankings: Kansas and Duke make big moves behind No. 1 Ohio State
- College Basketball Rankings: Memphis jumps to No. 11 in Top 25 And 1 after impressive win at Tennessee
- College Basketball Podcast: Who was Saturday's big winner -- Gonzaga, Oregon or Memphis?
- USC basketball program receives notice of allegations from NCAA tied to FBI corruption investigation
- Tennessee vs. Memphis odds, spread: 2019 college basketball picks, Dec. 14 predictions from advanced model
- College Basketball Rankings: Ohio State's loss at Minnesota launches Kansas to No. 1 in Top 25 And 1
- College Basketball Podcast: Is the Big Ten, led by Ohio State, the nation's best conference this season?
New Arizona basketball coach Tommy Lloyd opens up to CBS Sports have 333 words, post on 247sports.com at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.