South African players who were playing in the Indian Premier League (IPL) will have to undergo quarantine in their own homes, once they return to their country, Cricket South Africa (CSA) said on Tuesday. The 2021 IPL was postponed indefinitely on Tuesday after a spate of positive Covid-19 tests came up within the tournament's bio-bubble in Ahmedabad and Delhi. "CSA supports the decision to put the health and safety interests of all involved in the tournament first and foremost and has made contact with all of the relevant franchises to ensure the expedited travel of all South African players and support staff back to our shores," said the CSA. "Those travelling back to South Africa will undergo home quarantine in line with the current World Health Organization recommendations. CSA and the South African Cricketers Association (SACA) are in contact with all players and are assured of their safety and comfort in their respective locations," it said.
- Highly-infectious mutant South African strain of coronavirus is detected in Australia for the first time
- Is super-infectious South African COVID in the US? CDC ramps up detection efforts after new variant is declared 'more of a problem than British super-strain' and could be immune to vaccine
- Is the highly infectious South African Covid variant still spreading in Britain? Health chiefs haven't spotted ANY new cases in a fortnight
- Highly-infectious South African Covid variant has yet to take off in Britain - but the Kent mutation is to blame for 61% of cases, ONS data shows
- Matt Hancock says he is 'incredibly worried' about super-infectious South African coronavirus mutation 'which could beat vaccines'
- South Africans cricketers to get state guest level security
- Transport Secretary Grant Shapps warns Covid vaccines might not work on South African strain.... just hours after Pfizer study finds key mutation in super-infectious variant has NO effect on their jab
- Lockdown 3 can’t be ruled out to tackle Covid spread & Hancock ‘incredibly worried’ about South African strain
- Owner left in shock after cat returns home covered in oil & ruins carpets
- 'We're watching closely': Queensland issues barbed warning of further restrictions on NSW as health bosses scramble to contain South African mutant Covid variant
South African IPL Players to Return Home, Undergo Quarantine have 356 words, post on www.cricketcountry.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.