With a third wave expected to hit the country later in the year, this year's T20 World Cup is all but set to be moved to UAE from India. The final decision is yet to be taken on this with a little over a month still left to come to a reasonable conclusion but the BCCI will remain the hosts of the tournament. It is learnt that even the Indian cricket board understands the complexities of holding the tournament in India. Keeping in mind the best interest of all the stakeholders, it will only be fair to shift the tournament elsewhere, UAE being the top contender to host the tournament. The BCCI acknowledged that none of the participating teams would be "comfortable" coming to India because "a third wave" of COVID-19 cases is expected at the time of the event. It is understood that BCCI is jittery about holding the 16-team tournament in October-November after the ongoing IPL had to be suspended because of multiple COVID-19 cases inside the bio-bubble. "The suspension of IPL within four weeks is an indicator that it's not really safe to host a global event of that magnitude at a time when the country is… Read full this story
- Women's T20 World Cup: Poonam Yadav Credits Harmanpreet Kaur For Her Success In The Tournament
- Women's T20 World Cup: Record-breaking Beth Mooney named Player of the Tournament
- Virat Kohli, Sourav Ganguly Praise India Despite Women's T20 World Cup Final Loss
- More elite competition is key to India women's cricket taking the next step after the T20 World Cup final
- Virat Kohli, Gautam Gambhir Praise India Despite Women's T20 World Cup Final Loss
- Women’s T20 World Cup: Pop sensation Katy Perry meets Harmanpreet Kaur & co. ahead of final against Australia - WATCH
- Behind the campaign to break a world record and fill the MCG for the T20 World Cup final
- ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 Final: India vs Australia: As it Happened: Australia lift fifth T20 World Cup trophy
- Women's T20 World Cup, Australia vs India: Who has better record?
- Live Score, India vs Australia, ICC Women's T20 World Cup Final: India Gun For Maiden Title, Face 4-Time Champion Australia
T20 World Cup Set for UAE Shift, BCCI To Remain Hosts have 366 words, post on www.cricketcountry.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.