WTC FINAL by Vijay Tagore • Last updated on Share Tweet Hardik Pandya, who hasn’t been bowling too much in the recent months, is likely to miss out on selection for the WTC final © Getty The Indian squad for the World Test Championship (WTC) final, against New Zealand, is expected to be selected in the next 48 hours, most likely on Friday (May 7). The selectors are expected to pick a jumbo squad consisting of at least four openers, about four to five middle-order batsmen, eight to nine pacers, four to five spinners and two to three wicketkeepers, Cricbuzz understands. The exact size of the squad will depend on the BCCI advisory on whether to select for the five-Test series set to be played in England or just for the WTC final. The team management is believed to have asked for a large contingent so that it can have a few intra-squad games before the big ICC match. The final, as reported earlier, will be held in Southampton from June 18 to 23. The squad, however, is unlikely to have too many surprises. The Chetan Sharma-led committee is expected to retain almost all the members who were part of… Read full this story
- England's 2003 Rugby World Cup-winning squad - where are they now?
- IPL 2020 Trade: Full list of players retained and released by teams
- Where do the eight franchises stand before the 2020 auction?
- Team India Middle-Order Overhaul On Cards; Could Be End Of Roads For Dinesh Karthik, Kedar Jadhav
- IPL 2020: Who has more money? The complete list of all 8 franchises before auctions
- ‘It’s about picking the seam,’ Sachin Tendulkar explains the ‘critical factor’ in playing pink balls
Selectors likely to mull over Hardik, Shaw and Prasidh for WTC final squad have 272 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at June 6, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.