HISTORY remembers the Haaland name with a wince. That eye-watering tackle from Roy Keane on Manchester City's Alf-Inge Haaland in 2001 saw the surname go down in legend, linked with pity and pain. But that has quickly been forgotten about. Now Alf-Inge's son, Erling Haaland is the hottest striker in Europe and tracked by a number of clubs, including Chelsea. The Borussia Dortmund striker, still only 20, has been one of the Bundesliga’s most-feared marksman after signing from Red Bull Salzburg for £18m in 2020. In one and a half seasons he scored 57 goals in just 59 games, which is why teams are willing to pay over £100million to secure his services. Few can forget his debut – coming on as a second half substitute against Augsburg and scoring a hat-trick within 23 minutes. He’s only the second player in Dortmund history to score three times on his debut – the other being Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. But that’s nothing for the hulking great teen, who first hit the headlines when he struck NINE goals in one game at the Under-20 World Cup for Norway in 2019. Norway pummelled Honduras 12-0 with Haaland’s treble hat-trick seeing the nation go out on… Read full this story
- Sporting Leeds
- Vacation in Leeds - A City Guide
- Creating Our Dreams: Achieving the Goals We Desire
- Former Chelsea Goalie Petr Čech Makes Match-Winning Save...In Hockey
- John Ritter’s son, widow share memories of late ‘Three’s Company’ star: ‘He was such a loving dad’
- Football Managers - Improve Your Behaviours and Improve Your Players' Performance
- Championship Betting Review - 5 February 2006
- Championship Betting Review - 26 March 2006
- Fall Baseball - A Great Time To Really Coach
- What’s The Worst Cooking Mistake You’ve Ever Eaten Anyway?
- Prom Dresses That Will Please the Pickiest Trend Setters
- Camping Trip To and From Hell Part 2
- Shut Up With "LETTT’SSSS GOOOOOOO" Already
- NASCAR Movies; Will Hollywood Ever Get It Right?
- Why We Can't Get Enough American Idol
Erling Haaland dreams of winning Premier League with Leeds Utd, after dad Alf-Inge starred at Elland Road have 320 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 2, 2021. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.