IPL 2021 by Vijay Tagore & Aayush Puthran • Last updated on Share Tweet Opinions see-saw over IPL schedule © BCCI The 2021 Indian Premier League schedule has been drafted in a way to ensure that no team gets to play in its home ground. The reason for that is multi fold, understands Cricbuzz. Not only does it ensure that there is parity on the field for all teams, but it also ensures none of them get an advantage of brand activation over the other, given that the home venues of Sunrisers Hyderabad, Rajasthan Royals and Punjab Kings were not considered for hosting the games in the upcoming season. However, by addressing the concerns of three teams, who had opposed the six-venue proposal , five other teams could be less than satisfied with the released schedule. Again the reasons for that carry various hues. “You are denying MS Dhoni to play his potential last IPL in Chennai. If there are to be no crowds, what stops CSK to play in Chennai and Mumbai Indians to play in Mumbai,” asks one of the franchise officials. “Delhi have players like Prithvi Shaw, Ajinkya Rahane and skipper Shreyas Iyer who are from Mumbai… Read full this story
- On-call work schedules make it hard to have a life
- Opinion: Beware the Dog Days of August
- Opinion: No News Is Bad News — The Looming Social Security Crisis
- OPINION: Is there any significance being the trust founder?
- OPINION: Professors’ response shows devotion to students
- OPINION: Although justified, ‘Roseanne’ cancellation leaves a void
- Adams Oshiomhole’s legerdemain (OPINION)
- IPL likely to begin on March 29 next year
- 18.8 million tweets as IPL 2018 proves to be a big hit
- IPL hero Shane Watson joins Karachians in T10 League
Opinions see-saw over IPL schedule have 277 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at July 7, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.