SERIES DECIDER by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet Fakhar Zaman scored a second successive ton © AFP Pakistan put themselves in pole position to clinch the ODI series against South Africa on Wednesday (April 7) following their efforts with the bat. Fakhar Zaman scored a sparkling century once again following his superlative knock in the second ODI and skipper Babar Azam oozed class making 94 as the visitors finished with 320/7 on the board. They could have easily added 20 more to that total if not for a stunning collapse in the latter part of their innings. Quite remarkably, South Africa turned to spin in the final 10 overs barring one and the move appeared to work wonders. Keshav Maharaj had already done enough damage in his comeback ODI and the likes of JJ Smuts and Aiden Markram carried forward the good work by striking regularly. With Babar Azam helplessly watching Pakistan’s implosion from the non-striker’s end, Hasan Ali turned the tide with four sixes in the penultimate over. Andile Phehlukwayo then conceded 18 in the final over as Babar fell for 94 caught at the deep off the final while eyeing a hundred. The visitors began the… Read full this story
- Arizona high school boys basketball Super 10: Topsy-turvy after upsets
- Pakistan Full Year 2016: Toyota Corolla tops market down 10%
- Cricket: Superb Zaman blasts Pakistan to tri-series final win over...
- Australia Coach Justin Langer Sees Future ODI Captain in Aaron Finch
- Cricket: Pakistan beat Sri Lanka in historic Karachi ODI, take series lead
- Fakhar Zaman powers Pakistan to victory in T20 tri-series final against Australia
- Australia vs Pakistan: T20 Tri-series cricket live scores, blog
- T20 Tri-Series: Fakhar Zaman Leads Pakistan To Title Win Over Australia
- David Warner Shares Emotional Post After Poor Run Of Scores On Comeback
- World No.1 Pakistan put on clinical performance to outclass Australia in fifth Twenty20 International
Topsy-turvy innings sees Pakistan post 320 have 298 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at July 7, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.