POST-SERIES INTROSPECTION by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet “The youngsters we brought here for the middle order faced difficulties due to the conditions and couldn’t perform very well,” Misbah said. © AFP Pakistan head coach Misbah-ul-Haq has termed the ODI series win in South Africa as a “big confidence boost” for young captain Babar Azam but underlined a couple of issues the side needs to address going forward. They include sorting out a misfiring middle-order and better game plan when it comes to spin. “There are some glaring issues going forward, of course,” Misbah said after Pakistan’s 2-1 series win. “Power-hitting at No. 6-7 wasn’t successful. We have to have a look at that. Obviously Hasan did that hitting for us at the end. Nawaz, Asif and Danish, who were looking forward to, couldn’t do very well but we can’t write them off. They have potential. We have to consider that they were playing overseas in different conditions. “We need more consistent runs from the middle order along with some power. That’s needed to make big runs. If you see yesterday’s game, a score of 320 didn’t look safe at one point in time. In today’s cricket, scores… Read full this story
- Misbah wants national camp to begin ASAP but PCB worried about logistical aspect
- Lower-middle order needs more strength in depth: Morgan
- ‘Sachin, Laxman, Dravid... middle order is stacked’: Sourav Ganguly’s advice that turned Virender Sehwag’s career
- Want a TikTok Hit? Have $30,000?
- Time running out for Haris Rauf to join team in England: Misbah-ul-Haq
- India reserves 110 power plant equipment, services for local companies
- Undercooked Pakistan bid to burst England's bubble
- Coronavirus: Sohail's Pakistan absence over COVID-19 fears as squad named
- Under Imran Khan's leadership, what does the future of Pakistan look like?
- Pakistan played like a ‘local team’ in 1999 World Cup: Former opener Aamer Sohail
Misbah wants more runs and power-hitting from Pakistan's middle-order have 310 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at August 8, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.