SRI LANKA TOUR OF WEST INDIES, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet Allen smashed a six-ball 21 to take his team over the line in the series finale © AFP Fabian Allen essayed crucial roles with the ball and bat – at the start and the finish respectively – as West Indies overcame jittery moments in the third T20I in Antigua to secure a three-wicket victory and with that the series. Allen, who bowled four of the first seven overs after Sri Lanka opted to bat, finished with impressive figures of 1 for 13 that was instrumental in restricting Sri Lanka to 131 for 4, despite good knocks from Dinesh Chandimal and Ashen Bandara in the latter half of the innings. Allen then came to West Indies’ rescue with the bat after they had slipped to 105 for 7, finishing with an unbeaten 21 to help the hosts over the line. How did West Indies fare at the start of the chase? Quite well. Akila Dananjaya had another expensive outing, going for 31 off the three overs he bowled in the powerplay. He opened the attack and was smashed for a four and a six by Evin… Read full this story
- Jimmy Anderson helps revive England against West Indies on sluggish pitch
- West Indies cricketers yet to receive match fees since January
- Shahid Afridi Heaps Praise on Brian Lara, Says I Never Bowled With Any Confidence to Him; Calls West Indies Legend Sheer Class
- Zaheer Khan’s probably best catch was in Road Safety World Series: Sachin Tendulkar
- These are the best indie games you can get on PC right now
- On this day in 1994, Brian Lara broke Gary Sobers' 36-year-old Test record
- Misbah: Pakistan's most successful captain
- If England players don’t do well now, they will miss the 2019 World Cup: Trevor Bayliss
- Covid-19: What now for cricket in 2020?
- Just how good has Andre Russell been in the IPL in recent years?
West Indies overcome batting jitters to clinch series have 305 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at August 8, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.