The BCCI apex council on Thursday received a complaint against former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s appointment as the Indian team’s mentor for the T20 World Cup, citing the conflict of interest clause in the Lodha Committee reforms. Former Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association life member Sanjeev Gupta, who has previously filed a series of Conflict of interest complaints against players and administrators, has sent a letter to the apex council members that Dhoni’s appointment is a violation of the Conflict of Interest clause, under which one person cannot hold two posts. Dhoni is also the captain of Chennai Super Kings IPL franchise. Also Read MS back in the India dugout “Yes, Gupta has sent a letter to apex council members including Sourav [Ganguly] and Jay [Shah]. He has cited clause 38 (4) of the BCCI constitution which loosely states that one person cannot be holding two separate posts. The Apex Council will need to consult its legal team to check the ramifications,” a BCCI source told PTI on conditions of anonymity. It is understood that Dhoni being a player in one team and mentor in another raises questions for which clarity is needed. Dhoni was named mentor for WT20 by secretary… Read full this story
- IPL Auction 2021 to be held on February 18 in Chennai after 2nd Test between India and England
- IPL 2021 Auction to be held on February 18 in Chennai after 2nd Test between India and England
- No one learns algebra in Class I, Pant will improve: Saha
- IPL 2021: Chennai Super Kings should bid for Chris Morris in auction, reunite with South Africa all-rounder
- IPL 2020: Cricket fans can now enjoy commentary in Bengali for all matches
- I decided to compete against Steven Smith: Ashwin
- Ranji Trophy's 87-year-long journey halted by Covid19: Former stars sympathise with domestic players
- Sangakkara, Muralitharan named in SLC's four-member technical advisory committee
- Bannon's VERY rocky road to pardon: How millionaire ex-Breitbart chairman who led Trump to victory resigned as chief strategist after fall out with Javanka and was arrested on Chinese fugitive's yacht for 'robbing $1 million from Trump wall donors'
- Lodha panel: legalise betting; no minister can hold BCCI post
Conflict of Interest complaint against Dhoni's appointment as Team India mentor for T20 WC have 345 words, post on www.thehindu.com at September 9, 2021. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.