In front of a home crowd, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots secured a place in the 2021 Caribbean Premier League (CPL) final with a dominant seven-wicket victory over the Guyana Amazon Warriors. The Patriots won the toss and chose to field first. Despite a bright start from the Amazon Warriors’ openers, wickets tumbled in the middle overs before a late burst from Shimron Hetmyer took his side to a substantial 178/9. In their chase, the Patriots once again opted to open with Chris Gayle, and he laid the platform for a successful chase, lashing the ball into the stands on numerous occasions, before Evin Lewis then took over to guide his side to a crushing victory. The Warriors consolidated after losing Brandon King in the fourth over of their innings, with Chandrapaul Hemraj and Shoaib Malik patiently building. However, three wickets in three successive overs, including that of captain Nicholas Pooran, saw the side collapse, reaching 131-8 at one point. Spinners Jon-Russ Jaggesar and Fawad Ahmed were exceptional for the Patriots during this period. It was left to Shimron Hetmyer to salvage the innings and he did so in spectacular style, scoring 45 runs from 20 balls, including a remarkable… Read full this story
- Volcano power: Saint Lucia to tap into geothermal energy
- Here we go again! Sneak preview of the new-look Olympic Stadium as thousands of fans pour in ahead of Paralympic Opening Ceremony
- How Formula One Actually Works: A Guide For Confused Americans
- The Avengers assemble one week early, plus 32 other movies coming this April
- Here Is Hillary Clinton's Full Speech Accepting the Democratic Nomination
- The Best WWE Matches Of 2016
- The Jalopnik Review Leaderboard: Sorted By Categories
- One Year Later, Did Microsoft Keep Their E3 2016 Promises?
- The Jalopnik Review Leaderboard
- Conor McGregor Has The UFC Under His Thumb
- The Collapse Of Visceral's Ambitious
- Actually All Sports Cars Will Save The Automotive Industry
- March Madness: How to watch 2018 NCAA men's tournament games without cable
- The State Of Esports In 2017
- As White Supremacists Fill the Headlines, Will It Be White Journalists Who Cover Them?
CPL: Evin Lewis, Chris Gayle Power St Kitts And Nevis Patriots To Final vs St Lucia Kings | Cricket News have 329 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.